As Registered Nurses, we know that feeding support may look different in the hospital during Covid-19. Families are going home as soon as possible after delivery, and sometimes breastfeeding isn’t fully established. Taking this workshop will help you feel more prepared to breastfeed your child.
As parents, we plan for our birth and we understand that knowledge is power. This applies to breastfeeding ten-fold; the more you know, the easier breastfeeding may be. Please keep in mind this is a learned skill that will take a lot of practice once your child is born.
Join us virtually for this live 60-minute workshop on preparing for breastfeeding. Providing you with evidence informed breastfeeding information and tips, that will leave you feeling confident and excited to get started.
In this live 60 minute webinar you will learn:
- Antenatal hand expression
- Supplies you’ll need before and after
- What to practice before your child is born
- Latching and positioning
- How to avoid sore nipples
- What to do if your child won’t breastfeed
- How long to breastfeed on each side
- Pumping and hand expression in the postpartum period
- Soothers and bottles
- A private 15-minute session (booked after the workshop) where we will:
- Complete a prenatal breastfeeding assessment, ensuring you are all set to breastfeed
- Look at individual feeding goals, health history, medications, and answer any questions you have
- Our extensive 40 page eBook on all things breastfeeding